Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by qclabrat
I stand corrected for the Pivots, should have known this since I ride a 429SL, lol

Do you know if they changed the molds to accommodate the 2.8 tires? I'm pretty sure the older 5010s and Bronsons my friends ride can't stuff in a 2.8 or even a 2.6
The websites clearly sell the bikes abilities to take a 27.5+ even it they are only 2.8 vs 3.0 or larger

As for 27.5 HT, they have their place. Not everyone can ride or wants to ride a 29r wheel. I sometimes ride with a 5 foot on a good day female and she would have trouble with a bike with larger diameter wheels.
Choices out there are very limited and unfortunately to lower end models. Guess their market demographics are not her unless she want to spend a lot more on a full suspension
I am not sure exactly what you mean by “change the molds“, but both the 5010 and Bronson frames have been updated several times, and somewhere along the way clearance for 2.8s was included.

The ability to run 2.8s is advertised as an option, but these bikes are clearly not being marketed or intended as plus bikes. Look at the build kits. There are options for 2.3 and 2.6. There are no “plus” (2.8) builds available stock.

SC is accommodating plus tires here. That is not the same as marketing it as a plus bike. I think the build kits pretty clearly indicate their intentions with these bikes