View Single Post
Old 12-09-20, 10:20 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
Sorry ldl, a VC technique is a VC technique. They have been long established and everyone here knows what they are. Like it or not, "Anything you do" either is or isn't a VC technique. I know that like me, you often use them because they work. ILTB does too. How and when we learned them is really a separate subject.

What I'm reading is that you and others want to discredit JF. I get it, he can be abrasive. But he's the one who promoted VC in a large way much earlier than anyone else, and as such is often considered the Father/Grand Father of VC. If you wrote the book in the 70's it could have been you!
"Everyone here" could fit into a phone booth. The vast majority of bicyclists will give you a blank stare if you refer to VC techniques.

He spent several decades discrediting himself. And seriously, you do realize that LAB training was disowned by him because nobody wanted to read that damn book and suffer through 30 hours. They scrapped his program in the 1980s.

Sorry if I don't want to credit your tin idol with inventing the safety bicycle, but I'm not practicing VC technique. I'm mostly FRAP, and love me some smooth shoulder. Now do me the favor of not telling me what I think, I really suspect you don't understand just how annoying your condescension is.

And finally, no I'm not limiting myself to discrediting Forester, I'm discrediting pretty much anyone who's holding themselves out as some sort of safety guru. I'm pretty sure that includes you at this point.