View Single Post
Old 01-26-21, 09:31 AM
Sluggo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by ClydeClydeson

....... Also, I would expect a lot of folks at campsites aren't going to be super stoked about the volume of a full size guitar, esp. at night.
[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by imi
I would definitely try a travel guitar before buying one, to be sure I was happy with the sound.

As to campsites, I don’t play guitar in them, just wander off somewhere outside out of earshot.

On several recent camping trips, there has been loud recorded music or radio in nearby camping spaces until quiet time. I don't think I could be worse than that, especially since both the KLOS and the Journey are parlor-size and therefore not as loud as a full-sized guitar (although CF reportedly makes up some of the volume). And I am not a loud player, anyway. Most likely, I would follow imi's approach and wander off.

The last time I was out camping, the people in the adjacent spot were singing and playing quite late. I would have been extremey irritated except that they were quite good (not an advantage I have).

Playing a guitar before purchase is certainly ideal, but the KLOS dealer network is very limited and there are none anywhere close. There are Journey dealers about three hours away by car (or two long days by bike). I don't think this is a trip I will make until I get the second shot of vaccine.