View Single Post
Old 07-16-19, 06:08 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,392 Times in 3,676 Posts
Originally Posted by mnmkpedals
Okay, best I can do with pics here.... Hard to see. But hope the tilt in handlebars is apparent? I was told the headtub and seat tube we out of alignment to cause it, and in the shop, I think I could see it. At home, to be honest, hard to tell, though the lean in the bars is clear to me.

You have a good pic in that it looks centered and the rear dropouts and triangle line up good from here.

To my eye, the bars are cocked in the stem, look at the spacing of the bars where they enter the stem on each side. Might be a mismatch that finally manifested itself.

I would meetup with @Dfrost and @RiddleOfSteel at their bike co-op for proper C+V evaluation.

Even if this is a frame issue, it should not be life threatening, a good frame builder should be able to make short work of this.

I would encourage you not to consult anyone that does not have steel framebuilding experience.