Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
Originally Posted by Craptacular8
Interesting that you're finding the Trek 520 for $280 less, as your link showed them $1300. My LBS is qouting me $1,400 for the SH, so little difference in price.

Personally, I'm fine if my LBS were to suggest the Cross Check frame build up or the Space Horse. Either one is fine with me, though I'm surprised that they would feel vastly different in weight, as there is only about an inch in over all wheelbase difference between them? Maybe they ride vastly different, I'll try both of them out if possible. Mr Prink and the Pacer both max out a 700 x 32, so for me, they are off my list of considerations.

Maybe the OP is looking for zippy, I'm just looking for comfortable for hours at a time. The Giant dealer is 90 miles away, and you're right, he wanted to sell me the Anyroad, nice bike, but I'd rather trade and have service closer to home. I like this particular shop and their staff, so for me, I suspect I'll be buying a QBP frame, and have the shop flesh it out for me. Thanks for the suggestions.
You should do fine. Some of these are not major differences and they're all decent bikes. Don't give up on the gearing, though, that's a significant difference if you need it.

$1320 for the Trek was from their website, All City doesn't list MSRP but a Google shopping search was showing me 1599 for Space Horses, I thought. Now I look and see $1499. Ah well anyhow, it was 5 in the morning and I had a cranky infant to deal with, forgive me.
Genesis 49:16-17