Old 01-12-20, 09:25 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,019 Times in 719 Posts
Work will be done by me, I have the tools to do pretty much everything except face the headtube if it should need it. I prefer to do all my own work and haven't had a shop work on any of my bikes since I was a kid. I'll check into KHS, also didn't realize they still made bikes, haven't seen them in a shop in forever.If I build I have some things like nearly new shifters, handlebars, stems including a stoker, brakes, brake levers. New would be wheels, cranks, and wear items like chains, cassettes, cables, seatposts, saddles, tires. I'd build wheels based on what the best fit for the frame and ride would be.
I have 2 local shops near me that have no trouble working with me. We've bought 5 bikes from one of them in the last 2.5 years ranging from a 1800.00 mtb down to a 125.00 1980's kid's schwinn road bike they found in back stock that I sent to a friend upstate. The other we've bought 2 kid's bikes from along with a trainer and other assorted parts. I have a 26" trainer tire and a pair of velocity Aileron rims on order with them that should arrive this week. So no trouble on the shop front.