Old 09-22-16, 01:31 PM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Why be inconvenienced by your own forgetfulness when you can stick it to others, eh? If your bicycle does not belong inside a business establishment when you remember to bring a lock, why does it belong inside just because you neglected to bring it?
When you are away from home and it starts to rain and you forgot your umbrella and rain coat, do you just take someone else's because you don't want to be inconvenienced ?
Stuff it, ILTB. Bringing a bicycle inside a store for a few minutes is not the same as stealing someone's property. I would hope you can understand that. I have done it exactly 3 times in the last 4 years at big-box type of stores, so kindly STFU and GTFO with the condescending tone of your posts.

Actually, I've rolled my road commuter bike inside the local small town hardware store on several occasions, mainly because there IS NO PLACE to lock up outside that store. And the employees are fine with it, and think it's kinda neat. They have struck up conversations about my bike and cycling on a number of occasions. Some of those times have been to look for a special fastener for the bike, and I actually needed the bike in there to make sure I got the right thing.