Old 10-16-16, 07:13 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Most grocery stores within hundreds of kilometers of me (and most other stores too) have a sign on the door leading into the store. the sign reads, ALL BACKPACKS AND BAGS MUST BE LEFT AT THE FRONT COUNTER SO how does one keep their saddlebags on a bicycle in such cases? I still think that bicycles inside most stores are a very bad idea simply due to the number of things sticking out of of a bicycle and the inherent instability of a bicycle. Shopping carts are designed not to have things sticking out of then so are far less of a hazard if someone gets hit with one. Not to mention the damage a bicycle can sustain if someone hits it with a shopping cart especially if the bicycle is knocked over. No, I'm NOT talking about folding bikes here but about full size bicycles.

My lock lives on the bicycle so that I won't forget the lock. Back in the day when I did forget a lock I simply went back home and got it.

I really do not understand the insistence that full-size bicycles be allowed inside stores. Heck it's hard enough getting served in a drive-thru if you're on a bicycle. Skateboards are NOT allowed inside most stores either and those skateboards can be carried by their owner.

Cheers