Old 10-31-17, 05:42 PM
angerdan

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Runtime of Orfos Flare Pro

Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
The real problem might be making sure the power bank you have has an output current suitable for the OrfosPro.
I don't see it mentioned anywhere on the Orfos website what the required input current is in order to attain maximum output of the lamp.
A lot of small or cheaper battery banks only output 1A but some of the better made ones are outputting 2A.
Looking over the offerings of the Anker brand of battery banks on Amazon, Anker has a couple small two cells that look to output 2A.
If I were buy an Orfos Pro I'd go with a battery offering 2 amps of output ( just to be on the safe side ).
If you work with the runtime numbers by oros, you get an power of 3,8W at 400lm. That around 1,32A.
Most powerbanks since 2015 have at least one 2A output port. Current models have ore often even QC/PD.

Originally Posted by TXSS
I think it is worth pointing out that this is 400 lumens from 40 LEDs, no reflector and no real lens.
I think I'd opt for 100 lumens from 1 LED that has a reflector and lens to make sure the light is traveling a good distance behind me.
The build length of the Orfos Flare Pro offers the big advantage to make distance calculation possible and easy for incoming traffic. That's an important feature which most single LED lacks.

Originally Posted by rm -rf
Yes -- for a tail light, the Hotshot 150 has a lot of advantages over this Orfos light: (see my review here.)
2. waterproof! a usb system wouldn't be waterproof.
4. reasonably long run times: at least 15 hours at 2-per-second single flash -- very noticeable in daytime. USB rechargable.
2. Did you test the Hotshot 150 to be waterproof and how deep?
Orfos Flare Pro is fully waterproof besides the USB plug. And usually the powerbank would be stored in some kind of frame bag where no weather/rain influence would be present.
So splash proof with frame bag is all you need.
4. With an 10.000mAh powerbank the Orfos Flare Pro will run around 25h at level 5 (139lm). 50% longer runtime than the Hotshot 150. No recharging needed, just plug it into another USB power source (another powerbank or dynamo hub USB power source).
Review of USB battery box Thrunite C2
bumm.de/en/products/stromversorgung.html
shop.supernova-design.com/shop/product/supernova-the-plug-29

Last edited by angerdan; 11-01-17 at 07:57 AM.