View Single Post
Old 04-20-18, 11:26 AM
ExPatTyke

Bikes: Gitane Course, Paris Sport, Peugeot AO8, Peugeot Bretagne, Peugeot Premiere 85, Peugeot Premiere 86, Peugeot ANC Halfords Team Replica, Peugeot Festina Team Replica, Motobecane Grand Sport, Motobecane Super 15, Raleigh Pro Race, Raleigh Stratos, BSA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 427 Times in 90 Posts
Gatorskins are not nice tyres to ride on - I've posted on here previously about being persuaded to buy a pair by a LBS a little while ago and how they transformed the bike in completely the wrong way. No punctures or sidewall failures admittedly, but I did less miles on the bike because of the tyres.

The bike in question has had Schwalbe Luganos refitted - they're on all my road bikes except for one with 27inch wheels - and it really is like a new bike, fast rolling, responsive, and a pleasure to ride again. No punctures since fitting the new Luganos.

The bike with 27 inch wheels has Conti Ultrasport 2s - they seem to do a good job, roll well, and no punctures since fitting them.

For what it's worth most of my mileage is on roads, although my commute includes a few miles of gravel cycle trails. The road surface locally varies between awful and shocking.