Old 08-19-20, 06:48 PM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
Thanks to the inspiration of this thread I have a lead on a nice 17' Wenonah Escapade that I plan to pick up Thursday (a 5 hour drive away) if all goes well. I have a nice water trail near by that is about an 8 mile loop with options for more or less mileage. There is good scenery, gators, and lots of interesting birds. I can easily get there by bike and am considering working out a way to tow the Escapade behind my bike. I might even get my wife out in the Escapade in tandem mode. We used to paddle OC-2 together years ago, but mostly only whitewater.

As balto charlie mentioned there are also lots of other cool destinations in Florida as I set out to a wider range and a bike shuttle will probably factor in that.

If the Covid situation ever settles down I will hit some of the more distant bucket list canoe trips.
Awesome, you WILL enjoy the paddle trips and the lightweight boat. I use to paddle an Old Towne Tripper with my family (5) and was able to put it on top of our vans (including an old VW Syncro) by myself, I doubt I could put it on top of VW Beetle these days. Kevlar rocks, have fun. Hauling it on your bike will be a good read.

Back to the Maine bike ride, Sorry