View Single Post
Old 03-23-21, 07:39 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Large frame bikes dont seem to sell for any less on ebay or list for less on the multiple regional CL sites I search. Maybe the take longer to sell?...I havent seen a wide study to show this. Maybe sellers end up taking less?...I havent seen a wide study to show this.
What is readily available, listing price, sure doesnt seem different overall compared to the typical 54-58cm frame sizes.
Just from experience of trolling Craiglist, Kijjii (a Candian thing) and Facebook marketplace, every day from March to October my analysis was XL bikes did not sell as fast as medium to large bikes did but didn't necessarily sell at a lower price but took longer to sell, as you mentioned. In regards to women's bikes with a step through frame, and small to XS frame these bikes were on the market for a much longer time than bikes which would be considered an average frame size (medium to large) and would eventually drop in price.