Old 06-16-19, 01:43 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Bad Moon a'rising.

Well the hustle and bustle of my daytime Saturday turned out to use more time than I had planned. By the time I got home I was so pooped I had to take a short nap. Sadly got back up just as the sun was setting. That meant no ride through Patapsco park. Likely the park still closes at sunset and they have Park rangers on site, sometimes even till after 11:00pm. ( I know this because when I was younger ( in my 40's ) The rangers caught me riding my mountain bike a couple of times through the lower park ( where the park roads are ). Not to mention they might even close off the bridge at night that connects the trail at one spot to the road. Damn! wish I asked about that when I was talking to one of the rangers just the other day. Ahhhh...opportunity lost.

This of course meant that if it was suppose to rain the next 6 days I better get a ride in while I still can. Did a nice little 17 miler. Once again I love riding when the moon is full and the temps are nice. Turned out tonight was one of those nights. Again, I like playing CCR's "
" just as I get the moon to my right. Kudos also to to "The Allman Brothers" and the song
" and then finally "The Eagles" and the live version of the song "
". All great songs ( on my Google Play list ) that added to the mood of the night. Even stopped to take a photo of the moon. Cloudy night so the moon was playing "hide and seek" throughout most of the ride. Gotta love the moon at night. Just makes being out late at night more of an event. Photo below is of tonight's moon. Just slightly visible was the only other thing bright enough to breach the moon's glare, the planet Saturn, just off to the left of the moon. I'm surprised my phone camera was able to pick it up. Quite visible to the eye when ever the clouds would clear.

The Trek Conduit continues to perform without any other problems. Hopefully I'll find a way to get some day rides in this week without dealing with too much rain. Crossing my fingers.