Old 07-25-19, 05:26 PM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 1,840 Times in 1,052 Posts
BIG Merckx. Hi-end frames this large are rare. Very rare.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bi...942094732.html

Eddy Merckx Corsa Custom 71cm for very tall - $1300 (Boston)

This isn't just a custom 80s Eddy Merckx road bike, it might be the biggest one ever built. It has a 71cm seat tube and 65 cm top tube center to center. Racing geometry based on the Corsa Extra, it's SLX tubing with Campy drop outs, Campy headset, bottom bracket and seat post. It runs a Shimano 600 tricolor 7-speed indexed groupo, nitto stem and modolo bars, fizik bar tape and turbo saddle. It has low mileage Mavic open pro rims and Dura Ace front hub and Ultegra rear with 700x23c Continental four season tires (fits at least 28s if installed flat). It climbs, brakes and corners well.

I've owned it almost 15 years and bought it from the original owner here in MA. Date codes and frame details place it as a 1985. It was ordered through International Bicycle in Brighton, MA which was bought by another shop and other records are unavailable.

It shows typical component and frame wear for its age and use but has no mechanical or structural issues. Stem, tape, tubes, cables and housing, hoods, and saddle were recently replaced and headset was serviced.

Original owner was 6'-5". I'm 6'-7" but believe it could fit someone up to 7' with stem and seatpost adjustments. Standover is ~37.5". Forward to all your tall friends!

Pedals shown are not included.

Happy to share more photos and details.

Any boxing or shipping will be at the buyer's expense.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers