Old 11-28-18, 02:26 PM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
In the event that the sensor happens to be too close to the magnet:

Was your sensor facing forward (as in my photo above)? If so, then the magnet will slide under it.

If the sensor is facing backwards, then the sensor will attempt to slide under the magnet or brute force push it off.

My method worked for years with no issues like yours. There may be one small but significant difference in implementation.
I think the style of fork makes a big difference. This was on my Fuji Track Elite and not really an issue of the magnet being too close, but of the mount being to precariously attached based on the shape of the fork. I tried attaching the mount in both ways, facing in and out...one way simply is not an option because it is angled out too far and when you attempt to side it closer, it won't stay and is even more precarious. So that left only one method....can't recall...I think it's with the magnet cover facing out. You may indeed have a fork shape that just works better with the mount, which is why you haven't experienced any issues. But after 3 knock offs, I called it quits.