View Single Post
Old 08-02-18, 12:16 PM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by Sdjclevland
I have not been using my mega xl too much only because I have been using the wahoo bolt more. Mainly just getting that set up how I want first mostly because it's about ten million times easier to use then the mega. I literally just went though a headache setting up live segments on the mega so this sucks they will pull like segments. But to be honest I don't think I need it. I thought it sounded awsome but I used it for the first time on the bolt yesterday and I could not tell what the hell was even going on. It is sweet to know exactly where it starts though

i am also super interestee in the garmin explore. I don't need all the crazy training features and would like better gps. Honestly the wahoo bolt is awsome but I just don't see well at all so I can't read the turn by turn on it and I can only have three or four days firelds at the most.

So so far my biggest take away between the bolt and mega is the bolt is easy and does everything for you automatic in terms of set up. I think I had to look at one thing online for how to use the bolt. The mega you have to tell it what to do more and is less automatic. I feel I am constantly looking up how to operate it and is just harder to use. Both seem to do the same thing.

Based on these things alone I would keep the bolt if I could see better but I am not giving up on the mega yet. The mapping feature is better on the mega because it gives you different route options alone with building your own route which the bolt does not.
Interesting observation. I haven't even looked at the manual for the Lezyne. I just took it out of the box and started using it. Both the unit and the App seemed intuitive to me.