View Single Post
Old 08-07-19, 10:38 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 2,079 Times in 1,177 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
There's no magic information in the route files. That is, the files from rwgps and connect have the same sort of information.

I doubt it's because the 1000 is "long in the tooth".

Your issues don't seem common.
Not common to other users ?, but obviously a problem common to the 2 devices. My thought was that sometimes an update to an OS might create issues with the processing capabilities of an older computer, something common in laptop/desktops (thus long in the tooth). Thus wasn't sure if the newest OS from Garmin is creating issues. Then same problem on the 1030. Almost makes me wonder if I've got something "set"incorrectly in the device(s) as I've not seen this reported on the Garmin 1030 forum. . Garmin was no help as yet.

Prior to purchasing the 1030, I went to the local REI and got an Edge Explore. It did not have these TBT issues. Only things I didn't like about the Explore is it doesn't do Activity Profiles, which I find useful for the ability to configure different data screens for different bikes, as well as there's no support for Di2 which I really like having on my 1000 (and 1030), plus some other missing features. So the TBT is 1000/1030 only ?, or maybe me being stupid with something switched odd in the units, which seems odd as they are reasonably different.