Old 08-13-19, 07:29 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by richard.susanto
This is awesome. It looks like bringing my back inside is the best thing to do. Where I'm going this weekend will be a 75 miles bike ride in rural Illinois (mostly farmland). There are a couple of small general stores that I'm planning to visit to restock on water.
I roll up to the general store, lean my bike against the front, and walk in. I dont even give a second thought to someone stealing my bike when Im out on a ride and at a Casey's or whatever convenience/gas station is around. I cant imagine wheeling my bike into a Casey's general store- it would be cumbersome, inconvenience others, and overall just be a proverbial bull in a china shop in terms of space. Buying water and a snack takes a minute or two, most of which is standing in line where you can see your bike outside.
Now if I were going to a grocery store in a small town and didnt have a lock, then sure I could see wheeling in the bike and leaving it inside near the entrance. Every time Ive gone to a grocery store when on long rides has been while touring and I instead just use a light cable lock.
Likes For mstateglfr: