View Single Post
Old 04-22-19, 03:00 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by blisandt
WOW! Here's my second post! (I just joined!)
GREAT TO SEE SO MANY LOCALS!

I am an abutter to a short section of a rail trail.. which I use for my commute... but haven't tested it with my new bent yet! (Rans VRex 2005)

I don't know if I will ever rack up the miles the rest of you do... a 14m day is to work, home "for lunch" (to let the dogs out), back, and home!

I need to read more than the first few entries of this thread, but I am out of time right now!

COME ON SPRINGTIME!
Hi @blisandt,

Are you new this area and/or cycling? I always like to make some introductory remarks:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
For a nice, friendly Metro Boston hang out on BikeForums, see this thread on the Regional Discussion Forum, “Metro Boston: Good ride today? (link),” started in 2009, with over 7000 replies.
I like to write up my rides, as do others on a local discussion thread here in Boston, and for me, it’s more a journal for myself, than for the amusement of other subscribers, though I hope others would find it interesting.

Of course we in Metro Boston all know the region, and each other, at least electronically, so we are a ready receptive audience for each other.

I have thought of that thread as the cycling equivalent of “apres-ski” after a day on the slopes, where we gather to exchange stories, routes, photos, ribbing, and (?) tall tales.

Also, I have posted a Cyclists Guide to Metro Boston (link), with information about road cycling, bikepaths, and taking your bike on the (T) (subway) and Commuter Rail.
BTW, I don’t list my location under my avatar, but it is “D’uh” [in Kenmore Square].

Jim from Boston
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Whenever I see a series of nested quotes, I think "it's Jim from 'Duh' again."