'nother
semifreddo amartuerer

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gmason
This always seemed counter to the intention to me. You stand on your outside pedal to shift weight to the outside of the turn to counterbalance forces. Hanging your inside leg further inside would seem to negate part of that effort.

Common racing practice for many - among newer riders mostly, because older ones seem to be tied to habit - is to tuck the inside knee into the top tube. In other words, moving that weight to the outside also. I started the "old" way, and changed to the "new" way some time ago, and I find it much more comfortable.

If you are uncomfortable with things like this kind of change, I wonder if you are just not comfortable with the cornering speeds you use at all. I think practice will take care of a lot of that.
I believe what you are describing is the counter-steering method. I have tried that as well and did not get the hang of it but I think I was not doing it quite right, never got it to "click" as many people describe. NOTE: Please don't take this as an invitation to give lessons; see OP: I am just curious what's going on with the knee thing.

Indeed simply being comfortable with the speed is probably half of the "technique" regardless of what the legs are doing.