chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGPAKO
Painfully true. About a year ago my dog (Hewson the beagle) was bitten by a rattle snake, I had to carry him and run several miles until I ran into a Forest Ranger who drove me to the nearest pet hospital.... long story short I/we saved his life, but the bill was for $1,000 but I didn't care 'cause he's my buddy. When I told the story at work, my boss, who BTW is an ex-military-macho-full of testosterone-dick weed, seriously said he would've let him die rather than pay $1,000 and he meant it, and mind you, he has pets of his own.

Totally unrelated to cycling, but there you have it.
I'm a ex-military-macho-full of testosterone-dick weed, but I woulda saved the pigeon too. Leaving a critter, no matter what kind it is, to suffer and die, alone, then leaving it to rot like so much garbage is just plain wrong. People on the other hand...
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey