Old 11-08-16, 05:55 AM
02Giant 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 495 Posts
Originally Posted by inspclouseau
My cycling has caused me sciatica due to a yet be investigated fit issue (can't ride, no pt bike fitter near me that I know of)

This has been ongoing for 2 months and counting.

3 PCP visits.
3x weekly pt over 6 weeks
1 to 3x weekly Chiro visits over 3 weeks
1 Ortho visit
3 prescription fills
3 XRs
MRI in pre-auth

And counting...

Once this is fixed, damn straight I'm back on my bike. Hopefully moving the seat up a little will help.

I have no idea why anyone would cheat the system and abuse their ins company by ballooning their hobby that keeps them fit into a health issue.
What style of saddle are you riding?

I developed a sciatica issue last season that carried into this season. It was excruciating at times while on the bike. Specific stretches help, massage therapy helped but it was not going away. By chance I found this summer that a flat saddle takes the pressure off of the nerve. I had been riding a Prologo Scratch series, it is their round design.
I rebuilt and converted an 80's ATB into a drop bar big tire CX of sorts. I used the flat OE saddle that came on my Orbea, at first thought until I found something else. The more I rode my conversion, I realized I wasn't having sciatica issues. I would take the Orbea out and sure enough in a few miles in my issue flared up again.

This may be a coincidence for me but it is working. So well that I am going back to a flat saddle on the Orbea.