smullen

Bikes: Trek 4900, Giant Anthem x 29er 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by K'Tesh
Hey All,

It's been a while since I logged in. I've got a problem. I live and work in China. Really... I'm an English teacher here. Not that many Clydes that are as big as me (if 200 lbs is the beginning of being a clyde, then I'm nearly two of them (or I may actually already be for all I know)). Not that many Chinese are anywhere near my weight. It's hard (read impossible) to find clothing that:

1) Fits
2) Is comfortable (as in not compressing anatomical parts that don't like being compressed)
3) Is comfortable (as in not hotter than a bonfire in a sauna (My part of China regularly gets to 33C with humidity in the high 90's))

Since I'm a guest here in China, and a teacher of children, it's not a good thing if things start spilling out. Well, my favorite pair of shorts (I live in them 10 months of the year) finally died. All the others I have fail condition 2 (see above). While I'm ok at using a sewing machine, I'm a little intimidated by dissecting my favorite short's remains to unlock their secrets (damn manufacturer put their logo on a scratchy tag that rubbed me in the wrong place). I'm thinking of honoring the wisdom of my Celtic ancestors and going with a kilt instead (No crotch to rip out (go figure)). I'll need large cargo pockets, and I'm a little concerned with the cost of some of the nicer outfits from Utilikilt

Does anyone else ride with a kilt? Suggestions? Recommendations? Pros? Cons?
I feel ya... I'm 6'4" and 250ish, down from 298, but I have always had problems finding close to fit right... They are either way too big or a few sizes too small.

What sized waist do you wear?

I was just a Rural King and they have a selection of Cargo shorts (Thats about all I wear) and all theirs were like 42-56.
In fact I bought a pair, on clearance for like 4.99 the hanger was marked Size40. When I got them home they were actually a 46.
I gave them to my stepson as he is several sizes bigger than me and likes Cargo shorts.

Also, try searching some of the mens Big and Tall shops. I have seen a lot of stuff there in the bigger sizes...