View Single Post
Old 11-19-12, 12:09 PM
Frankfast

Bikes: Kestrel Talon SL, Surly Steamroller, Equipe SS/FG Beater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Usually Sunday mornings is the best time for me to take to the roads, but after around 10:00 a.m. the traffic begins to pick up. I'm thankful that I have several bike trails that I can ride 7 days a week, and I don't have to deal with the traffic or I wouldn't be able to ride either.[/QUOTE]

I'm working in San Juan, Puerto Rico and my ride takes me 23 miles along the beach east of the city. Sunday mornings is the best time to ride and it's best to get out by 7:00AM and get back by 9:00AM. Biking is big here on the weekends and there are many group rides with riders on the latest gear and colorful apparel. They take it seriously and it's great. I feel safe at that time and to a lesser degree on Saturday mornings. But they disappear during the week except for an occasional solo rider and I've been warned by my co-workers that it's a dangerous habit. Apparently there are numerous incidents of riders getting killed here. It's too bad because you can ride all year round here. I'll resume my daily rides when I return to New York next year. There are many roads near my home where there is not much traffic and very scenic. The only problem being there are a lot more hills.