Old 01-31-14, 08:36 AM
mrodgers

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by the fly
I'm 44, 6'1". february 2013 I was down to 225. Averaged 125 mi/wk for the whole year, and weighed 245 at the end of the year. I ate most anything I wanted. Didn't work at all.
You can say that you ate most anything you wanted and didn't work at it at all, but it still came down to calories in vs. calories out. That is the formula, the biking and the eating whatever you wanted are the variables.

If all you wanted to eat was vegetables, then all you wanted was low calories. If you state that you ate dinner and then ate cake and all you wanted was a piece of cake every night and your total calorie intake was less than you used, then that still plugs right into the formula in<out=loss.

If what you wanted was to eat nothing but 3 large high calorie pieces of cake every day for every meal and for snacks between meals and for snacks in the evening and rode your bike 2 miles after work every day, when you plugged those numbers into the formula, it wouldn't work. It would end up reversing and being in>out=gain.

Thus, just saying you ate whatever you want is still a variable and is not a factual statement because what you want can and would be different to what someone else wants.