View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 03:27 AM
Tomsl923833

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by treebound
I just picked this one up this weekend, don’t know if it is a keeper or not.
I’m having a little trouble finding the serial number on it. The headbadge is stsmped with 0347, and on the bottom of the bottom bracket there is 80 12 13817 . I find no numbers around the headtube, none on the rear dropouts, none elsewhere around the bottom bracket unless they are hiding under the paint. Based on the headbadge I’m guessing it is from 1977 or 1987. Gearing is 2x6, Altus LT rear derailleur, 27” wheels (and I just sold off all my 27” wheels except for a French pair).

The fit works for me at 57ctc seat tube and top tube. 170mm Super Maxy cranks with some Kyokuto Top-Run pedals. The seatpost and stem are not stuck.

Handlebars still have some cloth tape wrapped on the lower portions. The dangerously sketchy looking tires held air enough for me to ride the bike sround the block.

The bike is made in Japan, 4130 double butted tubes. Right now just trying to confirm the age and pricing a set of tires for it.

Condition is everything. You have original decals that are legible. It's not a varsity or, a collegiate. That's another plus! On Ebay they ask crazy prices $150 to $300. A quick flip not doing anything at all $100 to $175. It's a nice bike!!! Somebody loved it!!!! That's my 2 cents!!!lol