View Single Post
Old 09-24-19, 08:06 AM
NomarsGirl

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 165 Posts
Was out with my husband over the weekend on rented bikes. We have saddle bags on our own bikes, but there were no bags of any kind on the rented ones. I reluctantly let him put his wallet and phone in my jersey pocket since he had no pockets. We took a ferry out to an island where there was a bike trail. At the halfway point, we stop to buy more water and I realize I don't have his wallet. We set back to retrace our steps, stopping at all the same places we stopped on the way out. No wallet. Get back to the ferry and ask and they said they thought someone did find a wallet. When we check at the office on the other side, the girl knew nothing about it, but fortunately, the other person did. It was his. Later that night, he noticed he actually had a Facebook message from the ferry employee who found it. If we had seen that, the return trip would have been a lot less stressful!

He wasn't even mad at me. He knew it was unfair to make me carry all his stuff because he refuses to wear the bike jersey with pockets that I bought him because it "makes him look fat". This was the 4th time he has lost that wallet on a bike ride and he has had it returned intact every time. Twice he left it on the roof of my car when filling up with gas on the way to the trail. Once it was still there when we stopped again and the other time it was turned in to the local police. Another time he left it in a coffee shop. That is why I wanted him to have pockets.