non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked 4,599 Times in 1,764 Posts
Originally Posted by roadbikeChris
What are these called? With the taller stem I may become cramped but with these I could still stretch out and not be so low. Especially with regards to to brakes. As they are currently awkward to access.
This is mrs non-fixie's preferred set-up these days. Somewhat upright with her hands on the "grips" and more stretched out with her hands near the brake levers (which is why I tape the bars, instead of using grips), as well as the ability to quickly access the brake levers from these positions. She prefers racing levers in the position pictured above to the traditional "ville" levers. She tested the DeVos above and this Méral back to back last week, and was very clear about it.

These were made by Guidons Philippe, but others, like Sakae, offered them as well, BITD. There are also modern versions, from Nitto and Humpert, but these tend to be larger, which doesn't look quite right on a vintage bike IMO.

Also cool, BTW, are the Cinelli priest bars. If you are feeling papal enough, these might be a nice choice: