View Single Post
Old 10-23-19, 05:27 AM
DOS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by vikay
. The worst that can happen is I end up cleaing up all that grease and putting in some less viscous substance in right?
Love the GCN guys but with pedal bearings the service they demonstrate is going to have marginal impact at best, making pedal feel a bit smoother, as most of the grease they jam into the pedal body is probably going to squeeze back out. Really a light grease on the spindle is all that is needed and once bearings are worn to being dried out, replacing the spindle is going to be the best option. Pedals of the type you’re using should drop down due to the weight of the clamp mechanism; if they don’t, thats not good. Your jamming more grease in there probably won’t affect that but, yeah, if you dont go mucking around with the cartridge bearings themselves, you probably wont do any harm. Your best course is to learn better technique for clipping in. See this

You might also look at Look Keo blade Pedals. They use a carbon blade rather than metal spring for tension; pedal weight is more evenly distributed and so they tend to remain closer to horizontal when you clip out. That said, if I am not careful, mine sometimes flip all the way over , which can be annoying when clipping back in.

Last edited by DOS; 10-23-19 at 05:00 PM.