Old 02-28-21, 10:36 AM
ofajen
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
I've got saddles on at least 15 regular riders.
Some are better than others.
Butt when I ride, I'm off the saddle enough to avoid discomfort. Sometimes only a millimeter or two.

Do you guys ride with full weight on the saddle for hours? For those with problems maybe re-think your riding style?
Worth considering. I switched back to SS last year and it was really transformative in terms of comfort on long rides. Lots more time out of the saddle standing or at least pushing enough to lift a bit off the saddle.

Accompanying that was a switch to touring bars so I can have a standing position that can be used almost indefinitely when necessary.

Still if you wrap the forward section, you can move forward over a range of at least 9” and shift from semi-upright to more of an endurance posture and on to the center section with an even lower angle, and the other option I may add this spring is bar ends in the center section for an aero position. Kind of pointless ATM due to the need to negotiate mud with the weight back and a wide grip.

Taken together, it’s eliminated any vestiges of issues from either saddle or hands or wrists. 👍

Otto