View Single Post
Old 11-01-05, 11:38 AM
magesh

Bikes: 2004 Fuji Bordeaux with Campy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Slightly over 6ft. 225 lbs. Type II diabetic. 38 yrs old.

Doc told me to take insulin or exercise. Poking holes was not my idea of fun, especially with my sedentary (IT consultant/PM) lifestyle and Indian food intake (curry, spices, rice, ....)

Ride a 2004 Fuji Bordeaux. Got it for exercise, weight loss, get-away-from-home for two hours, etc ... (Riding the Harley does not give me the exercise. DOH). Changed the seat coz my a$$ was big. Have the Naviion cyclo-computer for tracking miles and hills. Done one round of truing (abt 250 miles in abt 4 weeks). That's it. And thoroughly enjoying my new found hobby/exercise/sport/toy/2nd wife/etc ... Love it, love it, love it ... Absolutely loving it. (Even though the weather is miserable.) Plus the support on this forum has been awesome.

Changed my diet, drinking lots & lots of water, experimenting with what to eat and when to ride, what to wear, how to look kewl , how to pedal uphill, use the drops, etc ... Having a blast all around ... a painful fun thing. Feeling exhilarated at the end of every ride. Fun fun fun fun ...

Loving it,
M