Old 07-23-19, 09:11 PM
due ruote 

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 320 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
I would say you have very much come to the correct place! I had a later 1985 Ross Signature 294S that was a beautiful, classy, and great-riding bike. No matter what components I put on it, it always enjoyed being on the road. Black with a silver head tube. It was my first real vintage bike that was my size and I fully overhauled it with its original Campagnolo Triomphe groupset.

As for a market for these, it will be very small as few are familiar with Ross, fewer are familiar with their top-level Signature models, and fewer still are aware of the Triad. Tom Kellogg and Jim Redcay, among a few others, were builders for Signatures in that part of the '80s. Other skilled builders did the later work (always hand made), though that can get a little murky.

It's crazy to hear that someone, anyone, has a Triad, let alone a Super Record-equipped Signature Road Criterium. And a 63cm! As such, you very much have my attention! Is your 63cm frame a center-to-top or center-to-center measurement? What is the top tube length? Were any frame angles listed or provided?
Funny you said that about the Triad. Literally yesterday I was looking at the Ross catalog online, saw that bike, and thought to myself, hey, I have never seen one of those either live or on the web.