View Single Post
Old 05-13-20, 01:08 PM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 942 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by jordanair45
Ya, so the stores are closed, they can't accept returns, so they gave me a coupon to match the sale price, because I bought it when it was on sale, and said to just buy another one, and take it in when the stores re-open.
So the way I read this, the store coupon can be used as at least partial payment on a replacement bike? (since the new one may not be on sale) If yes, then I'd do this. I wouldn't want the cracked/scratched frame. Other option is they replace the frame.

I took it for one ride and it's Di2, no cables for the shifting. Shifted it into the big ring from the small ring, and the chain kept slipping off of the big ring, happened 2-3 times on my short first ride.

My car has massive space, it hit nothing loading/unloading and I live right down the street from the shop, it was a short trek.

I'd highly suspect that chain has been twisted out of line too, and may interfere with clean and quiet shifting. I'd want a new one.
Likes For AlmostTrick: