View Single Post
Old 07-24-19, 10:34 PM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 259 Posts
Bought a 2017 Trek Marlin 5

I've been bit by the bike bug pretty bad guys. I'm a 51 year old who has lost 145 lbs in a year and has a new life started. I bought a Trek 820 Singletrek a couple months ago and have put a bunch of miles on it. I have since learned it was too small. I'm 6'1 and it's a 17" and old with a steel frame. I love it except that I had to put on a 5" riser to get my handle bars even with my seat. I've rode the snot out of it though, and loved every second.

Anyway
I just paid too much for a 2017 Trek Marlin 5. I'm going to get it tomorrow and if it is as well taken care of and ridden as little as appears it's coming home with me. It is a 19.5 frame with 29" wheels. I've ridden a Marlin in this size but didn't like it because it was a lesser model without the locking suspension. I don't do much rough stuff but love to fly down the dirt roads here where I live.

I can do 3 miles right out of my yard before touching pavement. Then just about 3 miles on a county road puts me on dirt log roads that go into the next county. I could do 25 miles on rutted out dirt roads that only get local 4 wheeler traffic and there's many miles of skid trails all over those hills. Plenty of excitement for me and nobody around.

Thanks to everyone who has suffered my newby questions and I'll post you guys some great pictures soon.
Likes For RH Clark: