Old 02-28-24, 06:15 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedskater
My son just said the opposite and they sell lots of equipment.
I have spent $2,500 on weight training equipment over the past 60 days and it all came with free shipping from the seller. That includes 3 barbells, a full complement of weight plates, spotter arms, safety straps, lat pull setup, J-hooks, and an adjustable weight bench. I have bought equipment from Titan Fitness and REP and Ritfit and Xmark and Amazon seller and never was I charged for shipping.

When I worked for a company that spent over $250,000 on air freight each year their FedEx rates were very low and it cost $80 to send an 80 lb printer sound enclosure from New Hampshire to California overnight. These companies realize that free shipping is important and so absorb the costs as part of their "cost of goods" as do all the people selling on Amazon.

There are hundreds of youtube videos showing how to properly do exercises to avoid injury. It takes an investment in time and in safety equipment, but it is much safer than going to a gym and trusting the people working there. I paid for a gym membership just prior to Covid and none of the people that worked there knew anything about free weight training and none of them were available to provide instruction on using the machines. The only thing that might have been of use was their spin classes.

One can get injured doing weight training but that is more true for riding a bike on the highway or on dirt trails.

This is an interesting article on a 93-year old rowing champion who has trained for the past 20 years using an indoor rowing machine and free weights.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...ts/ar-AA1n7yhV