View Single Post
Old 07-15-20, 02:27 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
Both Catrike and HPV are long time brands with lots of satisfied owners (including me). Folding trikes tend to be heavier and more expensive than similar non-folders. Trikes with a bigger rear wheel have higher gear ranges at both ends than 20" drive wheel models. Trikes with higher seats are less stable than trikes with lower seats if you ride them under similar conditions.

I looked at the prices for the HPV and he must have looked at the HPV Gekko 26 sports model which has an MSRP of $1999. I can't find the specifications for the sports model trike so don't know what HPV did to make the price so much cheaper than the Gekko folding model with an MSRP of $3,640. It must be their "entry level" trike.

The Catrike Villager has an MSRP of $2550. It has 20" wheels all around so the gear range is (Gear Inch Range 15.4-87.1). Seat height is 12.5". The Catrike 5.5.9 is a very different trike. It costs a lot more - MSRP $3150 Gear range is the same as for the Catrike Expedition 20.7-117.6 gear inches. Seat height is 11 inches. I folds.