View Single Post
Old 11-09-20, 06:06 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10247 Post(s)
Liked 11,599 Times in 5,945 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Well a lot of the things we are doing with HR in training is relating it to make some assumptions that we can't directly measure with HR. Which mostly is power. So to me, it's very conceivable that suddenly after many years I might see a noticeable change all of a sudden. HR, time, distance just doesn't give us all the info we need.

And if like Carbonfiberboy you were not re-establishing your LTHR periodically, then you left off a key set of data that might show you some more accurate assumptions over time than picking data from rides that might be affected by whether you were solo or group. Or even if there was someone you saw further ahead that you worked hard to pass and then worked extra hard not to let them pass you.

That's part of why they say not to do your LTHR with others.

I'm just happy to be doing better at my age still. I try not to think of it as the light bulb burning brighter just before it burns out.
I'm a cranky misanthrope, so I don't do much of anything with others.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles