Old 12-10-20, 06:46 AM
Cyclist0100
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_pedro
From what I know of TP, it provides tools to analyse your data and lets others, like your coach, also access your data. Next to getting the membership you also need to buy training programs.

Have you looked at other tools like Trainerroad? Here there is only one subscription and there is a program builder that will setup an entire schedule for you depending on your needs. You can then do these workouts either on a trainer or transfer them to your bike computer to do them outside.
mr_pedro : Digging deeper into the TR website I'm now thinking that TR might be the better option for me compared to TP. Following the training plans via outside rides and no indoor trainer doesn't seem to be as problematic as I assumed. In fact, it may not be an issue at all. Plus, I really like that the plan builder is part of the subscription cost. I didn't think that would be a big deal for me personally, but I now think it will be a significant benefit. TR is a little more cost up-front, but everything seems to be included in the annnual fee.

I now need to compare the analytics of the two platforms, as it is my understanding that TP is the more powerful analytical tool. However, I may find that TR has what I need. I'm not looking for anything too complicated. I primarily want to set realistic goals and easily track my progress over time.