Old 12-12-20, 03:30 PM
83cannondale

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 83 Cannondale, 70s Raleigh International, 70s Bob Jackson, 70s Gitane tandem, 2018 Trek Domane SL7, Giant Yukon MTB

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Tried b27 and years ago the large rivot pro

[QUOTE=Tourist in MSN;21828851]Which Brooks saddles have you tried?

I find that a B17 does not work for me when I use the drops. I bought a B17 years ago as that was supposed to be the perfect saddle for touring. But not for my bum. The B17 works when I am sitting more upright, but not leaning forward, I have my old B17 on an old hybrid on a trainer for indoor exercise while watching TV.

I use a Brooks Pro or a Conquest on most of my bikes, the Conquest has the same shape as the Pro, but it is sprung. Conquest on my rando bike.

We met a year and a half ago on a 200k, but our conversation at that time was mostly on friction downtube shifters, not saddles. (I had friction downtube shifter for the front, brifter for the rear.)

.....Yes I remember riding with you. One friction shift lever for front derailleur? Red bike maybe? I recall your spring seat too I thought it seemed a pretty good idea. Did we talk about an Iceland trip maybe...?

Regarding the seat, I use an old b17 for most of my brevets. It works but could be better. I'll be riding rollers most of the winter and stay pretty planted on the seat so problems are magnified. Thought it'd be a good time to work through my cockamamie sit bone situation.

I did use a Brooks pro seat for several years in the distance past. I don't think it was ever real comfortable for me. Probably because of uneven sit bones, but I didn't know it then. I googled adjustable bike saddle or some such thing and came across the bi saddle. Seemed interesting. Maybe too good to be true. Expensive as heck...!