Old 08-19-09, 09:30 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Thumpic
I did some research and I can tell that these are probably not too highly thought of. But I rode one today and paid $100 for it. It needs everything overhauled, but I loved the way it rode and could feel the potential. Anybody still ride one??? I am interested in thoughts/comment about the "centering" spring between the fork and frame....I'll post some pics if needed. Are there any serials numbers?? Can I tell when it was made?? I found them on Bikepedia; but haven't scoured all the pics yet.....
I"ve owned three ReBikes. In fact, my very first recumbent was a ReBike Leisure which I bought from Sears in late November of 1998. This model had the 16"/20" wheel configuration, and a 6 speed drivetrain.

What can I say? I loved that thing! The ergonomics sure made sense, and I was even able to do 40-60 mile rides on it very comfortably.

About 7-8 months after getting the ReBike, I bought a Lightning Thunderbolt, but the ReBike still got ridden almost as much.

In subsequent years at different times, I owned 2 ReBikes that used the 26" rear tire, and an 18 speed drivetrain. Both were very enjoyable as well.

They (ReBike) make very good "project" bikes too so feel free to take "liberties" with customizing yours.

Edward Wong III
"Bentless in Orlando, FL"