Old 05-28-19, 11:40 PM
Radish_legs

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 33 Posts
I had 2 teammates tonight that were taking turns attacking. Eventually the elastic snapped and another guy joined him, and those two rode away to 1-2. I won the field sprint pretty decisively in a smaller weaker field than average in the B. So our team ended up going 2nd and 3rd.

Last year I quit doing the B in part because we had the strongest team and a bunch of guys tripping over each other in the B. It was like a competition to get in the break or the race was over for you, with most of the strongest guys in the field being on my team. This year our numbers and participation are down. And we also lost our title sponsor from last year, as the cycling shop that sponsored us went out of business.

So some mixed opinions here. I'll give it some thought. Of course another option is to just stop racing for the year. I've already achieved my goal. That's what a lot of people do. They'd rather not race in 100 degrees in Texas. Another option is to discuss it with my teammates and see what they want me to do.

And btw, I'm not doing it for money, nor for "glory." Just for fun. In a month, no one remembers who won. I should add that one more factor is the overall cup competition. Points for best team at the end of the year. Less points for the B. But it is helping the team for us to do well in the B.

One thing an experienced friend said: "How can you learn how to win, if you never win?" Or you've only won once out of countless tries?

Last edited by Radish_legs; 05-28-19 at 11:47 PM.