View Single Post
Old 07-19-19, 05:32 PM
Murray Missile 
Bike hoarder.

Bikes: Not near as many as there was awhile ago.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Jp42 View Post
That stinks, but I believe you handled the situation correctly.
I like to think I did, that was 30 some years ago and we're still friends. A couple years ago I traded him and old 1/4 midget in really rough shape for a rifle I had sold him 20 years ago. It was the first gun I ever fired and had nostalgic value as did the midget as it had belonged to a friend when he was very young and had passed away. I finally relaized I was never going to do anything with the midget, it was collecting dust and rust in the back of my garage and I would get more use from the rifle. He sold the 1/4 midget a few weeks later for what I thought was an INSANE profit and proceeded to share the profits with me equally. The best part is the buyer was into vintage go karts and 1/4 midgets and was going to restore it EXACTLY the way it looked when our friend raced it in the early 60's even keeping his name on it. The guy had already done 2 others for his 2 oldest boys and this one was for his youngest, yes they race them! The other 2 had also been restored back to their original racing condition with the last known owner's paint scheme, number and all lettering so it went to a good home. I'm fairly certain our late friend and his Dad would be pleased.