View Single Post
Old 08-20-19, 10:19 PM
Last ride 76 

Location: Just moved...1 km S. Now above the "Bike Path" ( River Road, Piermont, NY)

Bikes: Old Bikes: '74 Ron Cooper, Crashed and repaired '76, restored 2015!!! need restoration '74 Witcomb track bike (bought in '75) '75 Carlsbad Masi, bought in '76 New bikes: 84-85 Gios torino "Professional" '76 Olmo Competition C Titiano

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by SCTinkering View Post
The cycling non-meca of south eastern Minnesota. My folks live out there and my dad still loves to bike. he had breathing issues last year and has swapped to an eBike, but he still loves to ride.

Bike arrived just fine. I'm at the folks for another week and have another 4 rides planned out before I have to pack it back up for the return to California.

Much different riding out in Minnesota farm country. We can get some really good distances with very little traffic (we're well between planing and harvest) on paved county roads. This area makes me think that it's very possible to ride with a 12-25 or 14-28 cassette and not worry about running out of gears. That's not the case with the Mid-Peninsula area of SF Bay. if I turn and start climbing the Santa Cruz Mountains, 25 or 28 doesn't cut it.
Family... best reason in the world. and as a guy used to ride farmland roads, I miss it. Ocean vistas are cool, but so is countryside, tractor tread divots of manure and all.
Likes For Last ride 76: