Old 08-22-19, 02:17 AM
markdeman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks noglider for the pictures! The bike has indeed been exposed to a lot of rain and likely snow mixed with salt during the winters. However, some of my bikes are used during these conditions as well, with low to zero maintenance during the winter months and some are much older than this recently acquired frame. I was quite shocked when I saw the paint chipping off and the oxidation on it, never seen it to this extent. It was my plan to build a bike with leftover parts, no intention to spend any money on it haha. Since I still have some decent wheels and parts, my plan was to build a bike with a 3 or 7 speed hub to use for traveling around the city. But I will certainly take a look at this frame later and remove the paint completely to see to what depth the frame has been affected. As mentioned by others acquiring used but decent frames is possible for a limited amount of money, so if this frame seems to be too far gone I can use the one I obtained recently.
Btw, this forum is really great, so much information on it and nice users, plan to stick here around for a long time!

Last edited by markdeman; 08-22-19 at 02:39 AM.