nicholo85

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Squeaking issue with front wheel

Hello everyone,

First off, this is the bike I am riding:
Canndondale Bad Boy 1 2012 model. So it has the left fork with suspension, and disc brakes.

I just wanted to ask other people's opinions about this. Currently, my front wheel keeps making a squeaking sound. It's not a constant sound. I can't describe it better other than saying that as the wheel is spinning, it goes squeak, squeak, squeak. So the faster I go, the faster the squeaking. Sometimes it also goes away completely, and then I'm a happy rider, but sometimes it just keeps making that noise for 10k sometimes. It gets quite unbearable. I've already taken it 3 times to the shop I bought it from with no luck. They grease it up, it disappears, but then reappears after 5k or so.

One of the people there said that the squeaking is a common problem with lefty forks. Somehow this doesn't sit well with me. I also did a quick google search and didn't find anything relating to the squeaking being a common issue with lefties. I'd like to know if anyone has experienced the same problem, or if someone can suggest a fix for it.

Thanks!