Old 08-03-07, 04:34 PM
VT Biker

Bikes: Cannondale R700 (2005)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My assertion is that the major American sports are being penny-smart, pound foolish when it comes to drug testing. Sometime in the future, a player is going to either die or go all Chris Beniot (WWE reference) and guess who is going to come a knocking....the United States Congress.

I am actually shocked that Austin Murphy would be so unfair towards cycling? Many of his other posts were even-handed, and I wonder if SI's editor felt that it needed to be more critical if it was going to even get into Sports Illustrated (which might as well be NFL/NBA/MLB illustrated). Austin Murphy is a triathlete as well, and considers the TdF to be the most beautiful sport in the world.

But here is the kicker: Austin Murphy covers, get this, College Football. Football is THE DIRTIEST sport in the world. Seriously - Americans are able to suspend all logic and believe that it is natural for someone weighing 245 pounds to run a 40 as fast as track and field athletes from the first 1/2 of the century. Sure....