Old 08-20-20, 05:13 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
I wish they had online learning when I was younger, I would have thrived, but it really doesn't work for many courses.

I'm doing an online course on Django (web design) and I missed a colon at some point in the last 2 hours and I've been going over it in the past 4 hours trying to find the issue. It looks to have somehow resolved itself!

So far this pandemic I've learned how to design latte art, speak Spanish, and code in Python. First obviously being the most useful. In reality though, I shouldn't brag because I'm still a novice in all of them. Granted, I don't consider myself an expert in anything, even stuff I've been doing for 30 years. Full fledged Imposter Syndrome.
I learned Django and Python this year too! (i started in January as a new year skill learning adventure). I built myself my own PMC website which I actually use daily. I did get it deployed to Heroku but have quickly hit the free limit and I don't feel like paying for more capacity and it's not good enough to charge other people to use (and then have to support bugs). But I totally hear you on the missed colon and that was a big reason why I didn't pursue computer science as a undergrad in the late 90's-early 2000's when I took a Java course over a semester. Maybe I could have been a tech billionaire if I had stuck with it! lol