View Single Post
Old 04-03-18, 11:06 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by mohamilton
If I went Di2 first I wouldn't be able to add disc brakes later on. If I go disc I can upgrade to Di2, both frames from what I can tell would work with Di2.

Also this seems to be one of the cheaper bikes that comes with Di2. The cheapest Di2 + disc is maybe the Canyon Ultimate? Not that i'm really looking at other bikes but just an observation from what Ive seen.
Performance has a GT Grade with Force 22 and hydro brakes for $1,750. I had one, it wasn't a bad bike, I was not impressed with the shifting, especially in the front. The brifters are the size of my car. That's the least expensive hydro brake bike I know of, and the frame isn't Di2 compatible.

Most threads in here are "I don't need or want disc brakes blah blah blah" so this is interesting.

I'm using hydraulic discs and Di2 and love them both. Shimano's hydraulic electronic brifters are normal sized, not all bulbous.

Even in the dry, they work really well and give me more control over how much braking power I'm applying than rim brakes did.

I wanted fancy carbon hoops for a long time and refused to spend on them when I knew I'd wear them down as a braking surface. Finally got my nice wheels because I can replace the rotors and use everything else forever.