View Single Post
Old 02-22-21, 11:34 PM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Bikerider
Small black shaggy dog chased me down the street and then nipped on my left ankle.

I’ve been riding on McNutt Ave recently in Walnut Creek to avoid the construction going on a block over for a new library and condo complex. In fact I have really enjoyed getting away from the construction and have waved and dinged my bell at several people and thought I was getting at least a little bit known. I go by there almost every day.

Then this morning I was heading West on McNutt and heard some barking behind me. I couldn’t really see behind me that well so didn’t think much about it. Then I felt a bite on my left ankle.

I stopped immediately and put both feet down. I yelled loudly and then turned back to look. A small black sort of shaggy dog was running away and then was sitting on a lawn. I walked my bike a couple yards ahead and the dog stayed there. I noticed the front door of that house was partially open.

So I yelled “heh, your dog just bit me. As##ole”. a couple times. No reaction.

Considering the situation and the amount of gun owners in that area I just rode on. I could just see myself knocking on the door and getting shot. Such is the world I live in.

I couldn’t really check at the time what with my thick socks and tights but when I got home there seemed to be no skin broken. And anyway it was probably too late to make any claim.

So here I am, pissed as hell about that dog and the owner and the state of our country.

thanks for letting me rant. What street will I choose tomorrow?
Getting nipped by a dog got you pissed about the current state of the country?