View Single Post
Old 10-29-19, 12:21 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Is this really going to become a thing on BF? I'm out of here if, or when, a majority of posts become about e-bikes and what is wrong with them.
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Here's a post about e-bikes and what is wrong with them.

E-bikes are bicycles with an electric motor. Sometimes they break or run out of power, then they are just exceptionally heavy bicycles. If the motor is of sufficient power, they can reach speeds and carry loads that render their use on a MUP dangerous.
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Didn't you accuse me of the arrogance of personal viewpoints applied generally? I haven't seen many e-bikes limping home under pedal power. Nor have I seen many e-bikes terrorizing MUP's. Seems like most e-bike riders know better than to take them on MUP's or off-road unless they are designed for that purpose. I guess you don't like e-bikes. <shrug> I doubt the people (more and more everyday) care what you think about it.
Woosh!!!!!! Get someone to explain the joke to you.

And no, I don't even know what "the arrogance of personal viewpoints applied generally" is supposed to mean. I said you were arrogant when you told me how I'd feel about a prison sentence if a loved one of mine was hit by a truck, a rhetorical ploy that is odious on multiple levels.

Now you're speaking for "the people (more and more everyday)" ?! Your buffoonish tantrums are hilarious!

And just to be clear, I have seen two incidents of clearly overpowered/very heavy ebikes on one of the busiest MUPs in the nation. I've also seen hundreds of normally powered ones there. Please note that I have never complained about the normal ones.